Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday Mayhem - 01.09.2014

I have been a bit slack with posting my weekly updates lately. Mainly because I am finding that I am getting to the computer a little too late at night. So this is going to be a bit of a summary of what has been happening here over the last month.

Apart from all the crochet, knitting and knooking that has been happening (which you would have already seen if you have been following my Wednesday and Friday posts) life has been going on much the same as it has for the last few years. Last month I went back for more blood tests and doctor's appointments as a follow to having been diagnosed with diabetes. It seems that I'm not quite bad enough to warrant medication for my sugar levels but, because of the diabetes, the doctor has decided that I should be on medication to bring my cholesterol under control.

The markets last month were a bit of a let down. The one I have been attending regularly in Mt Beauty was very slow with only 4 or 5 stall holders in attendance and not many people looking to spend their money. I also went to the Baby Bazaar for the first time last month and it was quite disappointing . There were quite a few people around but they didn't seem to want to spend their money on my wares. There were a few people that seemed to be interested in some of the items but they found excuses for not buying any of them.

Both Sue and I have had our ups and downs with our health, mainly the usual aches and pains that come with all the itises and other ailments that we have, but this morning Sue had a fall. I had asked her to do something with all the paper work and other rubbish she had been piling up on the floor as it was making it difficult to get into the cupboards and making it awkward for her to get to her desk and this morning she lost her balance while carrying in her breakfast and she fell, aggravating things that she had been having trouble with for quite a while. With her being unable to get up am me being unable to help her (she is 120kg) I had to call for help and an ambulance and police arrived in due course. The result is she has seen the doctor again today and is in more pain than usual, being unable to do much at all with her right arm.

For those that are interested in seeing what my to-do list looks like now, here it it.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Jacket, Pants and Hat set in blue (need a couple of other colours also)
Sunhat and Bootees in white
Large Jug Covers
Small Jug Covers
Tiny Duck
Tiny Dog
Heather Hippo
Large Witch
Large Penguin

Current Work In Progress:

Toddlers' Rugby Pullover
Trauma Teddies
Tartan Blanket – taken over from Sue
Woollen Baby Blanket using Motifs from Ellen's book
Bootees
Hanging Towels
Baby's Jacket, Pant and Hat set
Christmas Trees
Christmas Stockings
Teddies for a guy at church

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

Dinosaurs (bought the patterns from PlanetJune)

Plenty of work there to keep me going for quite a while.

That about wraps it up for August. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment