Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans - 28.06.2014

The last couple of weeks I have been trying to things better. Trying to do my exercises as often as possible although I can find excuses for not doing them (this week my left knee has become swollen and my right knee has been playing up a bit). I have also tried to get my crafting mojo back by setting myself daily targets although I seemed to have missed today's target.

The diabetics educator wanted me to increase the number of times I check my blood sugar levels so I try to make sure I check them first thing in the morning and then 2 hours after each meal. Sometimes that isn't possible (Sunday mornings I'm in church 2 hours after breakfast). I'm still trying to figure out if the meals I'm having are actually having an effect on my bsl because it seems to be different all the time whether I've eaten the same things or not. I will just have to check with the doctor next time I see her.

This week we had the last of our Red Shield meetings for a while. We still haven't got the final figures but we are definitely down on last year. From the figures that I've see, we're not the only corps that hasn't made their target. Our next meeting is in October so we will probably get the final figures then and find out what our target is for next year.

It's getting toward the end of the month so I guess it's time to revue my to-do list, so here it is.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Jacket, Pants and Hat set in blue (need a couple of other colours also)
Sunhat and Bootees in white
Large Jug Covers
Small Jug Covers
Small Penguin
Tiny Duck
Tiny Dog
Heather Hippo
Large Witch
Large Penguin

Current Work In Progress:

Toddlers Jacket
Trauma Teddies
Tartan Blanket – taken over from Sue
Tunisian Lace Wrap
Knooked Scarf
Woollen Baby Blanket using Motifs from Ellen's book
Bootees
Hanging Towels

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

Dinosaurs (bought the patterns from PlanetJune)

I have added a few toys that I sold ages ago but never got around to remaking.

I think that's it for this week. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment