Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday WIPs

In an attempt to get things back to normal as quickly as possible I have decided to show you the projects I worked on while I was on holidays as my Wednesday WIPs post since leaving the country back in July.

I took a couple of projects that I wanted to try and get finished for the Albury Show, which is on at the end of this month, as well as some yarn for making Christmas stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much crochet time as I had hoped for so one of the projects I took didn't see any progress at all.

The first project I worked on was a Small Santa Stocking which I started just after leaving Sydney. One of the crew saw me and suggested that I would have it finished by the time we got to London. I think she underestimated how fast I crochet. Here is how it looked by the time we got to Hong Kong.

Small Santa Stocking ready to sew up
While in the UK we needed to take time out to do washing so I took that as an opportunity to start the next size up.

A medium Santa Stocking ready to sew up
And, of course, the next size, but I didn't get very far with this one.

Part of a large Santa Stocking
Unfortunately, I've almost run out of this variegated yarn so will have to figure out something else for the foot part of the stocking.

We had a few afternoons where we had done all the sightseeing we had wanted to do that day so we spent a couple of hours relaxing in front of the TV (they have some interesting game shows on in the afternoon over there), so I tried to find the energy to work on one of my show projects. I did manage five squares on my wool blanket.

Woollen Baby Blanket - Square 51 from "99 Granny Squares to Crochet"
Just three more squares then I can add some sort of edging and sew in the ends. All I need to do is take a break from packing every now and then and I might just get this one finished.

As usual, check out the links in the sidebar to see what everyone else has been doing.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment