Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans 13.04.2013

We come to the end of another busy week and it's time to look back on what I've achieved. Not much, really, but I'm going to tell you about it anyway.

I still have quite a way to go on most of my projects, especially since one was only just started. I think I've managed to perfect the Trauma Teddy although I don't expect that any two will be alike, even if I used the same colours. Alien Guy is now stuffed, ready for his eyes and other facial features as well as having his head attached to his body and I should have a naked turtle to show by Wednesday. It won't be too long before I need to pick out the next toys to make.

Today was market day in Myrtleford and I have been doing some extra work this week in preparation. Some of the feedback I got from my last couple of markets indicated that I didn't have enough signage around my stall and some people even thought that my stuff wasn't actually for sale but just there on show, so this week I made up a few signs to hang around the stall so that anybody passing would know that I was actually selling the stuff. It didn't work particularly well but one lady did buy five of my hanging towels and I think that was mainly because of the sign that said they were $5 ea or 5 for $20. The other thing I did this week for the stall was to make up tags to attach to the items so that the buying had something to remind them of where they bought the items.

A friend of ours has been talking about opening up a craft store and there may be a possibility of selling finished items there. If that comes to pass the tags I made this week will help to identify any items that I've made and also let the buyer know where they can get more information about me as I have the blog address on them. You never know, maybe I'll get more followers this way, if I don't scare them off with my Thursday Thoughts.

I can't say that Myrtleford was very successful as I only had the one sale. It means that I have had two months in a row where I haven't passed my "break even" point. I have already stopped going to one market because I was going backward in a big hurry but I don't want to stop going to this one. Now, due to other activities, the markets stopping for winter and going on holidays, I won't be going to this market until October or November. We will be back from our holiday in time for the October market but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go as we will need time to find a place to live and it just may not be convenient.

That's pretty much my week this week. I have another market to prepare for next Saturday so I plan to make a few more signs. I also need to review my prices and make sure that they are clearly displayed around the stall.

I hope you all had a good week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment