Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday 06.03.2013

Well, this has been another busy week here at Rose Manor but not a lot of crochet has been happening. We've spent the last couple of weekends travelling for various appointments and it seems to have drained me. This last weekend we had a charity day in the gardens organised by the Lyons club and I had every intention of spending some time working on a couple of my projects but Sue had some problems with her new shoes so we left early. We spent most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday driving, firstly from Albury to Katoomba (about 6.5 hours), then from Katoomba to Rookwood Cemetary and back (about 1.5 hours each way although the return trip took a little longer due to being in peak hour traffic) and then the return trip from Katoomba back to Albury. It has been a very tiring week.

As a result of all this travel, as well as trying to finish off items that are very close to being finished, there hasn't been much progress on the WIPs with only three of my major projects having any time spent on them. Since one of them is now finished (you will get to see that one on Friday) you only get to see 2 items today, and here they are.

Woollen Baby Blanket - square 51 from '99 Granny Squares to Crochet'
I managed to sew in all the ends on one square and crochet the next while at crochet class on Friday morning.

AustralianaV2 - designed by me
This was the only project I worked on while in the Botanic Gardens on Saturday and I only managed two rows before heading home.

While my intention this week is to work on the next project that is almost finished I do hope to spend a bit more time working on my other projects as well, especially since the only travelling I will be doing this weekend is to Myrtleford for a market, so you should see a bit more progress next week.

I will be back on Friday to show off my finished item. In the meantime, check out the links in the sidebar to see what everyone else has been doing.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. Projects are looking good. Hope next week isn't as tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good :) I think your baby blanket is going to be adorable and colorful :)

    ReplyDelete