Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Week That Was 04.08.2012

Well, I'm not sure that anything real exciting has happened in the last two weeks but I'll give you the general run down anyway.

The last couple of weeks of college have been a bit of a problem. I just can't seem to get motivated on some of the work and my computer problems didn't help. I still have a bit of work to do to get my computer back to where I want it, but I'll have it all working soon. Some of my college work is especially difficult for me as it requires writing reports. I've never been good at putting my thoughts in writing, even this blog can be difficult to put together occasionally, so writing reports can be very hard.

Last weekend a large group of men made their way to Collaroy on the northern beaches of Sydney for "Just Men" and I was among them. The Salvation Army holds these conventions every year but I can't seem to afford them all the time so I only get to go occasionally. This year the speaker was a Zulu from South Africa (where else would he be from?). I had a great weekend, learned a few things and even managed some crochet (which got a few comments from the guys there), the result of which can be found in yesterday's post.

This week has been a bit slow. I went to the doctor on Thursday and found out that I have another itis, as if the arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis and spurs wasn't enough. Crochet classes started up again yesterday but, as usual, I was the only one there. It seems that no one wants to learn from me in spite of me offering my services for free.

We still haven't got a place to move to yet. We've put in a few applications nut no joy. We have been told that there is a place we can look at on Tuesday and, if it's suitable, we can have it. It's one of the cheaper places around so we expect to be quite small, but, if we think we can fit into it, we'll take it, at least temporarily. This could mean that we will be moving again in about 6 months.

Well, that's all the rambling your going to get from me this week. I hope you all have had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment