Friday, June 22, 2012

FO Friday 22.06.2012

Before I show off my finished object for this week I'll give you all a little background story.

I started making bottle cosies a while ago but haven't managed to sell any yet. When I originally made them I figured I would start with local football team colours thinking that they would be more popular that the NRL or AFL team colours, and the local teams used similar colour schemes anyway. It seems that I thought wrong. Everyone was telling me I had the wrong colours, but they wouldn't tell me what the rights colours were. Last Saturday found me at the local markets and once again I got told that I didn't have the right team colours, but this time I got told which teams they wanted, so here is the first in Geelong Cats colours.

Bottle Cosy in Geelong Cats Colours
I probably should have done the hoops narrower so that I could fit more in but I think this should be OK. The other one they wanted was Carlton which is all navy blue so it will be real easy (unless they want the logo on it). I've got plenty of time to make it as I'm not going to markets again until August.

If you want to see what others have been making, check out Tami's Amis, Wisdom Begins In Wonder, Susan's "I've Made Friday", Natural Suburbia and Just Winging it.

Richard.

8 comments:

  1. I might like the cover to be taller? Though perhaps this size would be used for something other then a bottle? Hope you sell bunches now that you have a variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a great cozy for the small BALL canning jars!! I know we use those jars for our kids nighttime drinking water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cozy! Good luck with the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your selling now you've got some help with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice when you get actual feedback.

    Good luck with the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the new colours!!! It is better when people actually tell you what they are looking for rather than saying you don't have what they want. Fingers crossed with the sales, I'm sure they will go down well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all go's well with you and your selling I know how it is to try and get something going. Come and share it with me by linking up on Saturday and Sunday Sharing. I bet my readers would enjoy it.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck on the selling. That's a cute cozy. I would want it to cover at least 3/4 of whatever I was placing in it.

    ReplyDelete