Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Week That Was 04-02-2012

This week hasn't been a particularly good week for me. Although it has been cooler progress on my projects has been quite slow and only 2 towels finished. Even with the couple of hours I spent at the community centre in air conditioned comfort didn't seem to make much of a dent.

On Wednesday evening we went bowling as usual and, while Sue bowled quite well, I bowled very poorly. I just couldn't seem to get a good line into the pocket and was either leaving splits, 7 pins (I'm bowling left handed so that is the worst pin on the deck for me) or other awkward leaves and just left too many frames open and no where near enough strikes to make up for them. Maybe I'll do better next week.

To top off this bad week, my gout decided to flare up again. If you have never had gout, it's hard to describe the pain, but it's something akin to a broken bone, in my case, my big toe. The anti-inflammatories seem to starting to do their job so maybe I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

On a more positive note, I went to share breakfast with some of the other men from church this morning and  my CO pulled me aside to show me what was now hanging in the foyer. My Salvation Army Crest Blanket has been frame and hung for all to see. In some ways I think I could do better with this, but since it was my first effort working with 2 colours I am quite pleased with it, even if the sides aren't straight and the edging doesn't sit flat. I may have been able to fix that with blocking but I don't have the right tools, and the CO seems to like it anyway. I guess I'll be able to get everyone else's reaction tomorrow.

That's it from me for this week, sorry if I sounded a bit whingy at the start, here's hoping next week will be better.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment