Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Week That Was 28-01-2012

I wasn't real sure about doing a "week that was" post this week as this week wasn't anything special except for Australia Day. I almost called the post "The Year That Was" since tomorrow is my birthday but I think that may have just confused people, especially since I did one of those at the end of last year.

Anyhow, the only things I did that were different this week had to do with the pool being closed for maintenance on Wednesday, when Sue and I would normally go to aqua, and Australia Day which was Thursday, when we had a bbq in the park with a few others from church.

As for tomorrow, the only significance of the day really is that I have to change the number that I put on surveys that I fill out quite regularly. I think my wife has bought me a present and we have been invited to a friends place for lunch, so I guess there will be people that will make it a little special.

On another note, I wouldn't mind hearing how people cope with crafting, especially crochet or knitting, in the heart of summer. I'm finding some projects very difficult to work on because my hands get sweaty and that makes the yarn stick to the hooks and needles. I have still managed to make some progress, as people will see from my WIP Wednesday and FO Friday posts, but the heat has slowed me down considerably.

Something else that is going to slow me down this year is college. I decided last year that I would get myself a piece of paper to go with the almost 17 years of experience that I notched up in my previous job and will be studying Web Design (although that isn't the area that I'm experienced in) and will be a full time student starting on the 13th. I'm sure I will still be able to find some time to knit and crochet (I managed it while employed so managing it while studying shouldn't be too hard) so will still try and keep up the blogging and markets, it just means I won't have as much time to do these things.

That's about all that is news in the Roses' household this week.

Richard.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you! Good luck with the schooling...sometimes I think that would be much more fun than going to work! I don't really have a problem crafting in Summer, but as we live in the South, we have great air-conditioning out of necessity. You could always learn to bead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)
      We do have Air con here but we don't use it as it vents into the garage (landlords idea) and isn't very efficient so we tend to use our evaporative coolers. As for beading, I'm not sure I could handle another craft or what saleable items I could make from it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you Richard :))
    In the summer I crochet with cotton, early in the morning and the evening.. But having said that I am working on my jackets in the mornings :))
    Have a wonderful day ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)
      My mornings are pretty much taken up with other things at the moment and so are my evenings. Guess I may need to adjust my schedules.

      Delete