Friday, January 6, 2012

FO Friday 06-01-2011

Having received so many lovely comments for my first WIP Wednesday for the year, I wonder how my first FO Friday for 2012 will be received.

First up is an item that I actually finished a couple of weeks ago but held off putting it up as an FO until after I posted a tutorial on how I made it.

Square Tunisian Short Rows Dishcloth
You can view the tutorial on how I made this here. I have one more to show next week after I do another Tutorial Tuesday.

Of course, that isn't the only thing to show you this week. Astute readers of my WIP Wednesday posts will have noticed that there is another long term project that didn't feature this week, and that's because it's officially finished.

Knitted Scarf
This is from the yarn and pattern that I received from Red Heart as a daily prize winner about 6 months ago (I'm not a very fast knitter). I still have a little bit of the yarn left over and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it as it isn't the sort of yarn I normally get so doesn't match anything I have in my stash but I was kinda sick of knitting this and it's plenty long enough (about 11' I think) so I'm calling it done and moving on to other things.

Since these are officially my first FOs for 2012, I'm wondering if I shouldn't put the pics in a special folder so that I can make a collage of all my finished objects for the end of the year like I've seen on other blogs. Is that a form of stealing (taking other peoples ideas) or is it acceptable since there are so many others doing it?

As usual, check out Tami's Amis for more FO Friday goodness.

Richard.

4 comments:

  1. Your FOs look great! Definitely make a folder with your FO pictures for the end of the year and who knows, as the year goes you may find your own special way to share them all at the end of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 11' - that's pretty serious. When it comes to laying out a website - it is common practice to follow a particular pattern (like we do with knitting or crochet). It is completely acceptable, and even encouraged to lay the site out in a way that people are used to seeing and navigating. Setting up a project folder isn't stealing at all - it's just good usability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf; it seems to nicely show off all the lovely blue shades. Photo collages are pretty common practice - I wouldn't think of that as "stealing" at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work..:))
    I can't see anything wrong with making a pic of all your yearly projects..
    I find them most interesting,, I write mine in a book but love the pic of them :))
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete