Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday 28-12-2011

My last WIP Wednesday post for the year and I have plenty to show.

Crochenit Cot Blanket
Another change of colour has happened here. I couldn't find a green so I'm using a yellow/green/blue variegated and hoping it will look OK.

Tunisian Crochet Toddler's Jacket (Zoom by Ellen Gormley)
I went out and bought another ball of the variegated green and was quite surprised when I managed to get the same dye lot. KMart mustn't sell much yarn over summer as it's been a couple of months since I bought the first lot.

1st Sleeve of Hoodie (Dawg by Drew Emborsky)
I'm quite surprised at how easy it is to work with this wool in spite of the heat. I usually have trouble working when I'm all hot and sweaty as the yarn seems to stick on the hook and not slide. Maybe I should work with pure wool more often, if only I could afford it.

Knitted Scarf
This scarf is technically long enough now, but I don't know what I will do with the yarn that is left if I stop now. It isn't my usual 8 ply acrylic so it won't really mix with my usual stuff, and there won't be enough left over to make anything else.

Daffodil Doily
This is the start of the first section of a five section doily done in #40 cotton. This is the finest cotton I've ever worked with and I'm a little worried about ruining my eyesight. I'm restricting working on it to no more than 1 hour at a time, which is giving me plenty of time to work on other things.

I would normally point you to Tami's Amis for more WIP Wednesday goodness, but the linky on her blog doesn't seem to be working at the moment so I'll have to check back later to see if that has changed.

Richard.

4 comments:

  1. I love the scarf. Could you make a little one and donate it to a charity shop for a doll or baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - some lovely projects this week! I am especially in awe of the Doily!!!!! :)

    Happy new year to you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fantastic projects. Sooo many wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on finding the same dyelot. The wool is more breathable than the synthetics, so it isn't too bad in the summer. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete