Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Week That Was 17-12-2011

Another busy week has ended and it's time to look back on what's happened, not that there was much noteworthy this week.

On Thursday evening we (the Salvation Army Band of Albury Corps) had another Christmas Carols gig, this time at a local shopping centre. We're not normally allowed to play in shopping centres as management seems to think that we're too loud, but those that heard us all gave us positive feedback, so we can't have been all that bad.

This morning I had another market, this time at Thurgoona, which is somewhat closer to home than the others that I frequent. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be many paying customers around and I didn't sell anything. I did get a lead on some other markets that happen to be on in the area so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

This Evening we had our annual combined churches carols service and the band was once more on duty. Everyone seemed to enjoy the evening.

On another note, I now have something of a dilemma in regards to the Zoom jacket that I've been working. I ran out of yarn and now need to decide if I want to change to a plain yarn to finish it of or risk getting another ball of the same colour and hope that the dye lot isn't too different. The fact that I have been using a variegated yarn should make the difference less noticeable but I still need to go shopping to see what I can get.

That's it for me for this week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment