Sunday, October 16, 2011

Commitment and Soul Surfer

This morning's sermon was a follow up to a couple of messages from THQ To do with being Marked by Prayer and Marked by Holiness and was to do with commitment. It was only a short message so my notes are quite brief.

People that are marked by prayer and holiness want to bring people to Jesus, to live lives that make people ask "why?".

If you are wondering about the "Soul Surfer" part of this weeks title, that just happens to be the name of the movie that we watched this evening. The Corps decided to show it as a fund raiser for "Gifts that keep on giving".

This was a great movie about a young girl that lost an arm to a shark while surfing. I can highly recommend thins movie to anyone. It's not about the surfing, it's about how we carry on after a tragedy. I will admit that during this movie I was kinda stunned when the attack happened even though I knew it was coming, I cried, I laughed and I almost cheered when she caught a big wave.

God bless you all richly this week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment