Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 13

I have been an advocate for Linux for quite a while. I have found Microsoft Windows to be buggy, unreliable and prone to attack from many angles.

While it's true that I have had problems in the past with not being able to find Linux compatible drivers for different hardware it just seems so much easier these days.

Last night my choices of operating systems was vindicated. While my wife struggled to get a particular piece of hardware (a usb wireless modem) to work on her machine without much success she decided to let me test it on my new machine and it just worked. She eventually found some software that allowed the device to work on her machine but it took a lot of work.

It seems that while Windows has been languishing in "plug-and-pray" mode Linux has matured to be a true "plug-and-play" OS.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment