Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Week That Was 10-09-2011

We're slowly getting things organised here with plenty of unpacking to do before we get to park the car in the garage. Both our new neighbours are moving out shortly so we don't have to throw our empty boxes out, we just pass them on to the neighbours.

Other things are starting to get back to normal, Sue is back in the pool on Mondays and Wednesdays while I'm in the gym. She is also trying to get into the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays which means I get to have 3 or 4 gym sessions each week. We skipped Thursday this week due to appointments.

I finally got the rest of the money through for the tea cosies that the woman from Newcastle wanted so I sent them off. I received an email a couple of days later indicating that she really liked them. Maybe she will show them off to her friends and convince them to have a look at what I have available. You never know, I might get more sales out of this.

I received surprise email the other day and the best way to tell you about it is to show you.

It seems that someone thought my sausage dog looked like a corgi. All I can say is that they must have some pretty strange looking corgis around there.

Today I was in Myrtleford trying to sell my wares and had a pretty good day. I even remembered to remove one item that I sold from my Madeit store to try and avoid selling it twice. Today's sales didn't really affect my to-do list but I've decided to add a few items due to it being just over 3 months until Christmas. I figure if I give my self 3 months I should be able to get something finished.

So, my updated to-do list now looks like this:-


Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Pink Baby's Sunhat
String Bags
2 sets of Wine Glass Socks (sold one today)
Some Christmas trees (I've copied the pattern to my e-book reader in readiness)
Some Christmas angel ornaments
Some snowfakes (we don't usually have snow at Christmas time but I figure I can have some fake stuff)

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Tunisian Crochet Blanket
Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Knitted Scarf
Toddlers Jacket (currently on hold due to not have enough of the yarn I had chosen for this. I need to finish unpacking my stash to see if I have anything suitable in there)
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Doily in #50 cotton (I've had the pattern for a while)
Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth (for tutorial I want to write)
Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought today.

Will I ever get through this to-do list? I beginning think that I never will.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment